MBC Africa is an enabling environment that aims to improve the SME ecosystem in Ghana and West Africa by integrating most services needed by small agribusinesses to grow. MBC’s role is to identify, nurture and develop a critical mass of viable growth-oriented SMEs, especially agribusinesses, as a pipeline for sustainable and impactful investment in selected African economies. MBC offers to small businesses’ access to:
- Skills and Business development, talents: accessible, affordable BDS ensuring necessary capacity building to grow strong management teams and qualified workforce
- Information, Innovation and technology: ensuring high quality of operations
- Market intelligence (local, national and international): ensuring offtake of products
- Adapted financing (angel investors, seed funding): ensuring availability of growth, working capital and risk mitigation instruments
The MBC Fellowship Program, a 5 months’ trainee-ship program, is designed to transform young graduates through a specialized training package to enhance their skillset into managers for SMEs in the agriculture-sector. The program also seeks to identify and improve performance and investment readiness of early stage agricultural SMEs in Ghana.
MBC Africa is currently recruiting for the third Cohort in Ghana July 2017 – November 2017. The Fellowship comprises an intensive one month pre-placement training followed by a four months’ placement with host agribusinesses in Ghana as Business Development Assistants. Fellows will engage in projects to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of host businesses in a variety of areas including but not limited to;
A. Marketing and Sales Development
B. Finance and Operations
C. Business Strategy and Planning
Project: MBC Fellowship Program 2017
Duration: 5 months (July 2017 to November 2017)
Location: Pre-placement Training (Accra), July 2017
Work Placement: August 2017 to November 2017
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- A tertiary qualification in engineering, finance, accounting, marketing, administration, business management, agriculture or other related areas.
- Fellows must be less than 35 years old and be willing to work in any part of the country especially in the three Northern Regions.
- Have had a maximum of 2 years post National Service experience.
- Ability to go through the entire program starting from July 2017 and ending in November 2017.
- Have the passion for agricultural related services
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
What else do we look for in our Fellows?
- An unusual blend of passion, dedication and energy.
- A creative and insightful problem solver, team player and strong interest in entrepreneurship.
- Interested in people beyond business and possess high aspirations, driving you to excel during the fellowship and beyond.
Host businesses may also designate other specific skills and knowledge for their Fellows to process based on their needs.
Sorry, the deadline has passed.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any other questions
Stipend: this is an internship program, a stipend will be provided to fellows for up-keep.
Deadline for submission: 08th June 2017
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via phone call and email